Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Listens of the Day! Kylie vs. Katy

The age-old battle of Britain vs. America has always been most prevalent in the pop music arena. (at least to me :) Whether it's between The Beach Boys and The Beatles, The Killers and Coldplay, or Lady Gaga and Susan Boyle, rivalry is inevitable!

Today I bring you two pop princesses, dueling it out for the title of best second single from their latest album.

In the left corner: Kylie Minogue with "Get Outta My Way", from her triumphant comeback album "Aphrodite".


In the right corner: Katy Perry with "Teenage Dream", the title track from her sophomore album. (the one she's made after kissing all the girls, and is now happy with simply being a California girl)


Who Wins????

3 comments:

  1. Wrewrig - there was rivalry between Susan Boyle and Lady Gaga? Luckily I don't like either of them. I found Kylie's new album really average -even mundane. The only other song worth listening to besides "All the lovers" is "Looking for an angel" - that would have been the second single for me. As for Katie, 2 out of ten. I've heard those same lyrics in 115 other songs. The best out of this bunch these days is Lily Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to go with....neither...both songs are just so average.

    ReplyDelete