Friday, July 30, 2010

Chocohotocups!

This is my secret weapon at a dinner party. It is simply the BEST.DESSERT.EVER. And it's SUPER easy to make! It's actually called Chocohotopots, but since I still do not own a single ramekin (the shame!), I've used porcelain coffee cups to bake these in.  Another great thing is, you can make them in advance and leave them in the fridge for up to 5 days before baking. A little tip, always make an extra one, for that late night treat just before bed. I did it last night; made my day! Enjoy!  PS. I'll move on to some other famous chef's soon enough, but I'm just currently in a Nigella phase. You can somme call me Regella :)



Ingredients
125 grams, plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
125 grams 60 percent cocoa chocolate
 (I used half slab Lindt Dark, and half Lindt Milk, makes it more creamy)
2 eggs
3/4 cup castor sugar (but I used normal white sugar once and it was fine)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Special equipment: 4 (2/3 to 1-cup capacity) porcelain coffee/tea cups


Directions
Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C.
Butter the cups with 1 tablespoon butter.
Either in a microwave or in a bowl suspended over a pan over simmering water, melt the chocolate and 125g butter, then set aside to cool a little. (doing it over the simmering water is actually way better and easier, as much as it sounds harder, believe me.)
In another bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar and flour with a hand whisk and beat in the cooled butter and chocolate mixture.
Divide the mixture between the 4 buttered cups.
Bake for about 15 minutes on 200 degrees celcius, by which time the tops will be cooked and the chocolate gooey underneath.
(if you want it slightly more baked and less gooey, bake for 20 minutes)
Place cup on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve. Make sure to warn people that these desserts will be HOT!

3 comments:

  1. Dit was toe regtig soooooooooooooooo maklik om te maak, en te lekker vir woorde! Net jammer my huis maats is nie into choclate nie...

    ReplyDelete